Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Music gets my feet thumping. Music soothes my soul.

Well well well, who would have thunk?  I do think I'm partial to dancing =3

(note: yes Along, i know "thunk" doesn't exist, but i like it so go away!)

I have always accepted the fact that the society was divided into many categories; 
1) the ones who are fat vs the ones who are thin
2) the ones who are academically smart vs the ones who are artistically inclined (i refuse to call them stupid. Just because they're different doesn't make them dumb)
3) the slackers vs the shakers
4) the ones who can sing vs the ones yang please don't ever sing @@
5) the physically dazzling ones vs the ones pretty inside =)
6) the shy demure ones vs the extroverted graceless ones
7) yada yada yada

In lieu with above, the point that I'm trying to convey is that, I have accepted since day 1 that I do not and will never be classified as "the ones that can dance". Its ironic how my mother was a university dancer and she also did part-time modelling yet unfortunately she did not find it necessary to bequeath those particular genes to her offsprings. As a result, both my sisters and I have zero ability in terms of dancing, in other words, kami keras macam kayu =_="

Ulek Mayang - I would kill to be able to dance like this

Needless to say, due to my inability to move according to beat has caused considerable envy every time I see another person (especially when its a friend >_>")  having the skill to groove oh-so-fantastically. Tak kesah la whether its waltz, ballet, hip-hop, belly-dancing or even tap-dancing! I sangatla dengki tahap boleh gigit kuku kaki T--T 

yes yes, you wonder why this is such an issue to me? Well there are some people lucky enough to be born without any sense of shame (I mean this in a good way tau), that means even thought they dance for shiat but they couldnt care less what the rest of the world thinks as long as they have fun. Again, unfortunately, I'm not one of those enlightened few. I might shake a lil booty when there's nobody around to witness the horrific sight, but the moment I think there is a slight possibility that someone might see.....STOP RIGHT THERE!!  *insert screeching tyre sound*

Apelah, dahla tak boleh menari, pastu malu-malu kucing melebeyh pulak. Orang bukannya kisah pun.

Methinks its the Asian mentality getting the best of me; "Stay in line, stay out of sight, do not go against what the elders tell you to do, and most of all, do NOT BRING SHAME upon thyself or your family".

Tapi...walaupun tak tahu..tapi nak jugak..tak boleh ke?

Some people suggested trying out the clubbing scene however I find the environment there rather disconcerting to say the least. The whole bumping-n-grinding dancing while getting high on booze is soooo not my cup of tea. The music's fantastic, but not great enough to actually get me going the next time. 

If only the DJs would actually publish cds of their mixes, that would be AWE-SOME! >3

Plus the fact I'm "fun-sized" = the rest of the world's armpit level, makes the experience not so enjoyable =_="

 Needless to say, when a friend of mine, Ray, introduced me to her dance classes, I was a bit hesitant to say aye as tp join would mean that I will have to dance. In public. With tons of people around to watch. *gulps*


However, when you are uber hyperactive + persistent + body conscience friends like mine, (yes, I am referring to you Akmal), you can never really say no when they set it in their mind to get you to say yes to something. So, the dazzling duo (Ray + Akmal) manages to persuade me to try out this aerobic dance class called Zumba

So there I was, wednesday night 5.59pm,  all decked out in my american pirate headscarf, slowly hyperventilating with the thought of dancing in front of people. Seriously i thought I was going to have a stroke at the rate my heart was beating. Then..the music came on.....

.....hey..what do you know...it wasn't that bad. 

In fact, it was F-U-N! I mean, the music was great, the energy and spirit was super contagious. And the best part is, nobody was staring at me. 

At 7.00pm wednesday night, I was officially hooked. Nak lagi nak lagi! XD

One hour dancing classes did not seem like torture anymore. The time moves so fast everytime I go for dancing classes now. I count the seconds till the next class. Oh did I mention that I am now a member of Celebrity Fitness? Sanggup tu, just for the classes =p Plus they also give discounts to a myriad of shops, thats helps ^^


Dancing has made me more aware of my body and also more confident in myself (Tiba-tiba bunyi macam some motivational advert pulak o_O). No more shy shy cat, I live for the moment when the groove gets to me X3 I would certainly recommend anybody who has problems with their confidence to join. Its therapeutic in a fun and healthy way =)


Thank you Ray sayang and Akmal dearie, you guys are the best gym buddies any gal could ever wish for! OH and not forgetting Ray's sister, Aja, your dedication and seemingly endless energy to go to the gym is indeed a motivation to me =)


Till the next dancing class, au revoir!


 
P.S: Shairil LOVES to dance now, so should you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails